I've served these at one of my restaurant jobs and as long as they're hot enough they are pretty tasty. I decided that I wanted to make them myself and that they would probably be even better.
- 1Lb Whole mushrooms
- Pinch dried thyme
- Pinch paprika + more for topping
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 c plain or Panko bread crumbs
- 1+2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 oz drained crabmeat
- 1/2 Tbsp Sherry
1) Wash and dry mushrooms and remove stems.
2) Coat baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
3) Melt 1 Tbsp of butter and brush mushroom tops.
|Imagine the pastry brush here, I only have two hands...|
4) Place mushrooms, top down, in baking pan and brush edges with remaining butter.
6) Drain crab meat, put in a small bowl and pour liquid mix over it. Stir to combine evenly.
7) Combine all the dry ingredients, pour over crab mixture and stir till evenly mixed.
9) Using your finger, ball up chunks of the crab mixture proportional to each mushroom cap, enough to press into the hole and pile on top a bit.
11) Sprinkle with paprika and serve.