Finally the last of August's Bailey's themed recipes, the the item that inspired them: Bailey's Macaroons! I was a little worried about making this recipe but they're better than I could have possibly imagined. If you want to make this recipe I advise you invest in a mixer with wisk attachments if you don't already have them.
- 2 7-8oz bags sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp Bailey's Liqueur
- 1/2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1) Put coconut into a large bowl.
2) Combine Bailey's, vanilla, salt, and coffee in a small bowl.
3) Pour liquid mixture over coconut.
7) Fold coconut mixture into egg whites until combined.
8) Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. *do not forgo the parchment or substitute silicone. I learned this the hard way.
10) Immediately slide macaroons with parchment onto a cooling rack.
I linked to this video in this recipe but here it is for you to enjoy; my inspiration.