Monday, February 20, 2012

Love it? Do it!

I've only posted a few of these, but this week I am diverging from the regular Treat Tuesday format and welcoming guest blogger: Sreesha from Love it? Do it. Her blog is filled with awesome recipes so you should go check them out! I would actually love to use Treat Tuesday for more guest recipes so if you are interested email me at about.to.blog(a)gmail.com! Okay now, without further ado I bring you: Sreesha's Summer Salad recipe.

"I'm delighted to be doing a guest post at Lauren's blog. She is such a lively ball of energy, and her enthusiasm is contagious. I decided to fix myself a salad for lunch and it turned out so delicious. The sun decided to show up today with slight traces of spring approaching on us in Birmingham, UK. I thought it would be ideal to fix a light summer salad just to get into the groove of welcoming spring. I was a little weary about the combination in the beginning but it worked. This salad makes for a light lunch, exactly what I wanted."

Sreesha's Summer Salad
Printable version

Ingredients:
1 cup boiled chestnuts
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup red or green grapes, halved
1/2 cup sweet canned corn
1/4 cup sugar
7 cups fresh broccoli florets
some Craisins to taste

Directions:
1) In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, grapes, chestnuts, corn and sugar.
2) Add broccoli and stir to coat.
3) Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
4) Garnish with Craisins and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment