Friday, March 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Macaroons

Not the simplest recipe but follow directions precisely and it will be well worth the work. Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside, these are sure to please!




Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
  • 1 14oz package sweetened shredded coconut
  • 4 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
  • pinch kosher salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 large egg whites at room temp.
  • 2/3 c granulated sugar
  • 1 c. mini chocolate chips (optional)


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 325ยบ F
2) Combine coconut with the condensed milk, salt chocolate chips and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3) Mix egg whites in a separate bowl using a mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until foamy. 
4) Gradually add the sugar and continue to whip until medium peaks form m6-7 minutes.
5) Gently fold beaten egg whites into the coconut mixture.
6) Scoop Tbsp-sized mounds onto a parchment lined (DO NOT USE SILICONE) sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 
7) Immediately transfer parchment sheets to a cooling rack. 
8) Store in an air-tight container.

6 comments:

  1. Those officially make me hungry. Well... not hungry. Those officially make me crave foods I shouldn't eat. That's more honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny coz I am using condensed milk to make dulce de leche right now too! omg they look inviting! I should bookmark all these.. and like Kate said, those are foods I shouldn't it. But I will :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if I freaking need someone cooking for me. Ugh. Whatever. Stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, hi... Lauren? PLEASE move to Michigan and cook for me. K? K, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kate: Next week I promise to make something healthy!

    @Apfel: You should bookmark them! They're also good with out the chocolate chips.

    @Stacey: You're sending me mixed signals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the mixed signals. :)

    If you'd like to move to MI, I would be more than elated. Just please don't cook for me. Unless it's like totally delicious healthy stuff. But that's it.

    ReplyDelete