Irish Soda Bread
- 4 c Bread Flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 c. buttermilk
1) Preheat oven to 350º.
2) Put flower into a large bowl with baking powder, salt, and baking
4) Pour buttermilk into the dry mixture, stirring until dough is formed (use a wooden spoon rather than a whisk as I did. Trust me).
5) Flour a clean, dry surface and knead the dough for one minute.
6) Using a sharp knife, cut dough in half.
7) Shape each half into a round ball, using your hands, and place it on a greased baking sheet.
8) Cut an X into the top of each loaf with a knife, going about half an inch deep.
9) Bake the bread in the middle rack of a 350-degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
9) Move bread to baking racks to cool.